Delarey Viljoen founded DELplan Urban & Regional Planning consultants in George, Southern Cape during January of 1999. Since then the company which is still solely owned by Delarey Viljoen has grown from strength to strength and will in January 2008 celebrate one decade in the field of development planning in the Southern Cape.
During the past nine years the company has been involved with numerous development planning projects from the smallest rezoning to the establishment of large residential and commercial developments.
Some of the larger projects of more than R 50 million include the following:
- Kraaibosch Country Estate & Manor – George
- Blue Mountain Village – George
- Paradise Coast Coastal Estate – Mossel Bay
- Avondans Country Estate – Great Brak River
- Welgelegen Estate & Village – George
- Asazani Low Cost Housing and Thembalethu residential infill - George
- Various apartment blocks including: Meade Gardens – George & Ocean
- Crystal - Mossel Bay
- Springerbaai Coastal Eco Estate – Mossel Bay
- Gondwana Game Reserve & Resort – Mossel Bay
DELplan is currently involved in various projects for the George Municipality which include the Densification of the Central Area and Thembalethu SDP.
They are part of a consortium of planners working for the Provincial Government and George Municipality on the George Mobility Strategy for the implementation of a city wide bus commuter system for the Greater George area. The are also managing the project for the Hessequa Municipality for the CBD Revitalisation of Riversdale.
DELplan is currently involved in a number of smaller development projects in the Southern & Eastern Cape and Overberg area, which include resort applications, commercial and township development proposals. The company has a strong sense for the natural, historical and cultural heritage of the Southern Cape & Karoo and believes in the harmonious design between and the sustainable development of, the built and natural environment.